The eLearning Unit Winter School: 8th – 17th January 2014 – 10 sessions planned – full information and booking at the Booking Website here.
The eLearning Unit is pleased to announce the schedule for 2014’s e-learning winter school. As well as the usual introductory workshops for academic and administrative staff, we will be running more advanced sessions for staff already familiar with VITAL as listed below. There is a new session this year on information and digital literacies, what these are in your disciplinary context and how they are important for student learning. There is also a new session on running webinars and online classrooms with Adobe Connect (recently upgraded at the University of Liverpool). We’ll be looking at polling technologies like PollEverywhere, TextWall and Socrative in the session ‘Using technology to support classroom interaction with students’. ‘VITAL Plus’ is another relatively new session where we will explore the lesser-known and utilised tools and facilities in VITAL, along with some tips and tricks for working with VITAL.
- Weds 8th Jan (am) – VITAL introduction for administrators
- Weds 8th Jan (pm) – An Introduction to Technology-Enhanced Learning using VITAL
- Thurs 9th Jan (pm) – Turnitin assignments and Originality Reports
- Fri 10th Jan (pm) – Wikis, Blogs and Journals
- Mon 13th Jan (am) – Running webinars and online classrooms with Adobe Connect
- Mon 13th Jan (pm) – What are information and digital literacies?
- Tues 14th Jan (pm) – VITAL Plus
- Weds 15th Jan (am) – Using technology to support classroom interaction with students
- Thurs 16th Jan – (pm) – Mini-session 1 – Using Xerte to create accessible, online content
- Fri 17th Jan (am) – Mini-session 2 – Creating online CPD within the University
Full information and booking at the CLL booking page here.
As well as these scheduled sessions, we will be happy to run these or other workshops for schools, departments and faculties on many aspects of e-learning and learning enhanced technology by request. Please do approach us about any of your e-learning/VITAL training needs.
Please also remember our ask-us-anything ‘Studio Wednesday’ drop-in session, running every Wednesday afternoon between 1:30pm and 5pm. Full details on this drop-in are available here.