The ‘Studio Wednesday’ afternoon drop-in has been running for over half a year now and has proved a really valuable addition to the range of support services the eLearning Unit currently offers staff.
Some of the recent ‘technology-enhanced learning’ subjects, questions and ideas that staff have come along to the studio to discuss and try out have included:
- Setting up and running group wikis in VITAL.
- Screencasting to offer first-line support for clarification of assignment tasks and to offer feedback on student assignments.
- Turnitin assignment set-up and management.
- Embedding Twitter feeds in VITAL announcements and content areas.
- VITAL module development (from scratch).
- Developing WordPress blog pages.
We have learnt so much from these sessions ourselves and it is always energising to meet staff and help out with their ideas for improving and enhancing their learning and teaching strategies through the technology we have available.
The drop-in session runs every Wednesday, 1:30 – 4:30pm. Full details available here and if possible please do let us know in advance on the day if you plan to come along.