This 2011/12 academic year the eLearning Unit plans to run workshops in a different way by reducing the number of sessions put on during term teaching time and instead to offer these in blocks outside teaching time, in Winter and Summer School formats. It is hoped that this will give an increased number of staff the opportunity to attend workshops and at a time when they might be planning modules rather than in the middle of teaching. We will also run our usual introductory workshops for academic and administrative staff and we will run one ‘focus’ workshop this November, all summarised below. Full details and booking at the EdDev website here.
November Workshop – ‘A Focus On: online objective tests and surveys’ – Tuesday 22nd November (11am – 2pm)
NOW FULLY BOOKED – PLEASE EMAIL IF INTERESTED IN THIS WORKSHOP
- How to design and write good multiple choice questions.
- How to create and manage online objective tests using the Test and Pool tools in VITAL.
- How to create and manage online surveys using the Survey tool in VITAL.
Winter School: 9th -11th January 2012 – 5 sessions planned – full info and booking at the EdDev Website here.
- Mon 9th Jan (am) – An Introduction to Technology-Enhanced Learning using VITAL – COMPLETED
- Mon 9th Jan (pm) – Creating e-lectures and podcasts – COMPLETED
- Tues 10th Jan (am) – Creating and managing electronic feedback in VITAL (GradeMark) – COMPLETED
- Tues 10th Jan (pm) – Creating effective and inclusive learning resources using VITAL – COMPLETED
- Weds 11th Jan (am) – Working with groups in VITAL – COMPLETED
- Weds 11th Jan (pm) – Wednesday Afternoon Drop-In (The Studio)
As well as these scheduled sessions, the Unit will be happy to run workshops for schools, departments and faculties on many aspects of e-learning and learning enhanced technology by request. Please do approach us about any of your e-learning/VITAL training needs. So far this term there have been quite a few sessions run on Turnitin and online marking and feedback facilities, specifically the GradeMark system.
Please also remember our ask-us-anything ‘Studio Wednesday’ drop-in session, run every Wednesday afternoon between 1:30pm and 5pm. Full details on this drop-in are available here.